Saturday 31 January 2015

the year in books: january


The year in books. After failing to complete recording my reads last year, I am excited to be joining in again with Laura for a year long feast of literary goodness. 

I am determined to stay on course this year. I won't allow life's distractions to get in the way of my reading. I will enjoy taking time to lose myself in the wonderful world of words.

This month I've been reading Time's Echo by Pamela Hartshorne and The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith. Laura's pledge to source her books from independent, second hand or charity bookshops has inspired me to try to do the same. So this month, Time's Echo was a charity shop find and The Cuckoo's Calling was passed on to me by my brother.

I'm looking forward to seeing what I find for February.

Joining in with Laura for the year in books.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I'm always looking for a good book to read, I'm currently reading a book I bought in England called "The unlikely pilgrimage of Harold Fry", have you heard of it?
    I hope you're having a great weekend,
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have The Cuckoo's Calling - unsurprisingly on the tbr pile! I'm reading The Little Paris Bookshop about a book barge on the Seine. I think you might like it too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Determined to stay on the book wagon this year too, and it's always interesting to see what everyone else is reading as well. Like the idea of picking up reads at the charity shop too 😊
    Happy Sunday! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes - I'm hoping to stick with it also - hope you are enjoying your reads x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm rubbish at reading at the moment.....I'm hosting book club this week and haven't started it yet......and its long, eek! ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy seeing what you've been reading. I think it's a great idea to try to buy from independent booksellers, I try to do the same when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that you enjoy keeping on reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I failed to complete the year too, and if I'm honest to finish reading a fair few of the books. But I totally intend to find more time for reading this year, I really don't read anywhere near as much as I should.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so so much for taking the time to visit .... it's always really lovely to hear from you.

I love to read your messages .... please stop by again if you've asked me a question or want to chat.

Bee x

© the linen cloud. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig